1. According to Deuteronomy 30:19-20 you have choices to make in life? What are the choices you can make? What are the consequences for each choice?
2. List the good and bad choices you have made in your life and some of the consequences of those good and bad choices.
Good choices and Consequences:
Bad choices and Consequences:
3. Describe what you believe Galatians 6:7-9 is saying.
4. Why does God want you to make good choices? John 3:17, John 15:7, Proverbs 10:22, Psalm 91:9-11, Proverbs 28:20
5. How can you ensure that you are making good and wise choices in life? Psalm 119:105, Matthew 6:33
6. God wants you to understand that, even though you have made bad choices in your life you can ask Him to forgive you and He will forgive you and over time turn those bad choices around for your good (Romans 8:28). However, He expects you to start making right choices according to His Word. What do the following verses tell you about God and forgiveness? 1 John 1:9, Romans 8:1, Psalm 103:1-12 (note verses 3 and 10-12), Philippians 3:13. 2 Corinthians 5:17
Why Did God Create Us?
Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him. Isaiah 43:7
We were created to glorify God. You can read it in 1 Corinthians 6:20, “For you were bought at a price; therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” And again in 1 Corinthians 10:31, “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” The way to accurately glorify God is to allow Him to work through you. To truly glorify Him, you need to give Him every part of your life. Romans 12:1 says, “Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.” Many Christians only allow God to rule in part of their lives. God cannot be glorified the way He deserves if we do not give Him everything!
Picture the world champion Lego builder. He has built people, buildings, animals, etc. out of Legos. You give him a tub of Legos and tell him to glorify himself as a master Lego builder. His finished product is a stack of 5 Lego blocks. Not that impressive. However, all you gave him was 5 blocks. The world champion Lego builder cannot glorify himself with 5 blocks the way he should be glorified. God cannot be glorified the way He deserves either when you only give Him part of your life. God is the Master Creator who designed you and the world you are living in. If you give Him your whole life, He can and will turn it into something beautiful. Once you do the Romans 12:1 and give Him every part of your life, now you must do the Romans 12:2, “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” You renew your mind by daily reading the Word of God (Joshua 1:8) and memorizing key scriptures that remind you of God’s promises and what He has instructed you to do. As you do this, God will manifest Himself and reveal His plans for your life (John 14:21). As you follow that plan, God will be glorified!
Galatians 6:7-9 – 7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. B