1. What does God say about His Word? Mark 13:31, Hebrews 4:12
2. What does God say about Himself? Jeremiah 1:12, Numbers 23:19, Psalm 138:2, Isaiah 55:11
3. What does God say His Word will do for you? James 1:21, Joshua 1:8, Psalm 119:105, Psalm 119:130, Proverbs 3:21-26, Proverbs 4:20-22, 2 Timothy 3:16
4. What does God say He will do when we seek and obey Him? John14:21, Psalm 25:14
5. What are you going to do today with God and His Word? Deuteronomy 30:19 Hebrews 3:15, 2 Corinthians 6:2
6. What does God desire that you do? Psalm 25:9, 1 John 1:8-9, Revelations 3:20, Romans 10:9-10, Matthew 6:33, Romans 12:1 and 12:2
20 Question Bible Quiz
Eve I [God] am . . . watching over My Word to perform it. Jeremiah 1:12
Do you love God? Most people would answer yes. But do you know how God determines if you love Him? If you read John 14:15-24 you would see that those who love God are the people that obey His Word. According to Jesus, those who do not obey God’s Word do not love God (John 14:24). This is just one of the reasons the Word of God is so important. I challenge you to take the following 20 question Bible quiz to discover or review many more reasons. All these questions come directly from the scripture that follows them.
- What lights our paths? (Psalm 119:105) – The Word of God
- Heaven and earth will pass away, but what will remain forever? (Mark 13:31 and Isaiah 40:8) – The Word of God
- What did Jesus use to fend off Satan’s temptations in the wilderness? (Luke 4:1-13) – The Word of God
- What weapon has God has given us to fight in this spiritual battle? (Hebrews 4:12) – The Word of God
- Faith is what pleases God (Hebrews 11:6). How can we increase our faith? (Romans 10:17) – The Word of God
- What keeps us from sin? (Psalm 119:11) – The Word of God
- 1 Thessalonians 4:3 says God’s will is for us to be sanctified, but how can we be sanctified? (John 17:17) – The Word of God
- Where is all of God’s work done? (Psalm 33:4b) – in the Word of God
- What sets us free? (John 8:31-32) – The Word of God
- What heals our bodies? (Psalm 107:20 and Proverbs 4:20-22) – The Word of God
- What saves our souls? (James 1:21) – The Word of God
- What brings true joy to our hearts? (Jeremiah 15:16) – The Word of God
- What never returns void? (Isaiah 55:11) – The Word of God
- What brings peace and prevents us from being offended? (Psalm 119:165) – The Word of God
- What completes us and equips us for every good work? (2 Timothy 3:16-17) – The Word of God
- What does the Holy Spirit use to give us revelation? (Ephesians 1:17 and John 16:13) – The Word of God
- What must we obey to prove we love God? (John 14:15-24) – The Word of God
- Philippians 2:10 says at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, but what is the one thing that God has exalted above His name? (Psalm 138:2) – The Word of God
- What will judge us on the last day? (John 12:48) – The Word of God
- How does John 1:1 end? And the Word was God!
The Word of God is the answer to all 20 questions! If individuals, families, and countries were putting God and His Word first in their lives (Matthew 6:33), there would be much fewer problems today. Hosea 4:6 says, “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” Knowledge comes from God and His Word (Proverbs 2:6). So, we could switch out knowledge for God’s Word in Hosea 4:6, [My people are destroyed for lack of God’s Word!] God does not want anyone to perish (2 Peter 3:9), but he will not force us to read and obey His Word. This is a choice that we must make in our own lives. Choose today to read the Word of God daily, hide it in your heart, and do what it says. As you do, Joshua 1:8 says then your way will be prosperous and successful. Start out by reading Psalm 119. As you read, take notice of all the references the writer makes to the Word of God and how highly he regards the Word.
It is also very important to get plugged in to a church where you can be encouraged and equipped with the Word of God (Hebrews 10:25). If you came to an AIM church service, it would not be abnormal for you to hear over 100 different scriptures. You would also be encouraged to memorize God’s Word. I am not telling you to come to AIM, because God has a unique plan for your life (Jeremiah 29:11). I encourage you to pray and ask for God’s direction as to where He would want you to attend church. If you truly humble yourself before Him, He will direct your steps (Psalm 25:9, Proverbs 3:5-6).
Mark 13:31 – Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.
Numbers 23:19 – God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?
Bonus: Psalm 33:11 – The counsel of the Lord stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations.