1. Do you believe all things are possible? Why? Explain your answer.
2. What does God’s Word say about what is possible? Genesis 18:12-14, Jeremiah 32:27, Matthew 19:26, Luke 1:37
3. Why are all things possible with God? Psalm 24:1, Psalm 103:19, Psalm 33:11, Psalm 100:3
4. What moves God to make the impossible possible? Hebrews 11:6, Luke 18:1-14, John 3:16-17
5. What caused the children of Israel to miss entering into the Promised Land? Numbers 13:25-33. What will cause you to miss experiencing the impossible? Hebrews 11:6, Proverbs 3:5-6
6. List “things” that seemed impossible for man but God demonstrated that they were possible with God: Genesis 21:1-8, Exodus 14:13-31, 1 Samuel 1:1-28, 1 Samuel 17:32-51, Mark 10:46-52
7. What in your life seems to be impossible? What are you going to do with that seemingly impossible “thing”? Revelation 12:11, Proverbs 18:21, 1 Peter 5:7-10
Why Did God Create Us?
Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes, I have made him. Isaiah 43:7
We were created to glorify God. You can read it in 1 Corinthians 6:20, “For you were bought at a price; therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.” And again in 1 Corinthians 10:31, “Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” The way to accurately glorify God is to allow Him to work through you. To truly glorify Him, you need to give Him every part of your life. Romans 12:1 says, “Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.” Many Christians only allow God to rule in part of their lives. God cannot be glorified the way He deserves if we do not give Him everything!
Picture the world champion Lego builder. He has built people, buildings, animals, etc. out of Legos. You give him a tub of Legos and tell him to glorify himself as a master Lego builder. His finished product is a stack of 5 Lego blocks. Not that impressive. However, all you gave him was 5 blocks. The world champion Lego builder cannot glorify himself with 5 blocks the way he should be glorified. God cannot be glorified the way He deserves either when you only give Him part of your life. God is the Master Creator who designed you and the world you are living in. If you give Him your whole life, He can and will turn it into something beautiful. Once you do the Romans 12:1 and give Him every part of your life, now you must do the Romans 12:2, “And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.” You renew your mind by daily reading the Word of God (Joshua 1:8) and memorizing key scriptures that remind you of God’s promises and what He has instructed you to do. As you do this, God will manifest Himself and reveal His plans for your life (John 14:21). As you follow that plan, God will be glorified!
Jeremiah 32:27 – Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?
Luke 1:37 – For with God nothing will be impossible.
Bonus: Luke 18:27 – But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”